"To each individual, the manifestation of the Spirit is given for some benefit ...But one and the same Spirit produces all of these, distributing them to each person as he wishes" — 1 Cor 12:7,11
Confirmation is more than just an event. It is the final stage in an initiation, a fulfillment of one's Baptism, the beginning of a life in Christ.
- It does not end one's catechesis; it begins a new journey of personal accountability and exploration of the faith.
- It is not a personal choice of Catholicism since one's parents chose to Baptism them; it is the fulfillment of their Baptism, because they were given to God on that date.
- It is not merely a notation in Church records; It is a personal, powerful and eternal mark upon one's soul, a mark which brand's them as God's and seals them for Him.
- In Baptism, a person is given to God. In Confirmation, they begin His work. Are you ready?
If you have been Baptized, then God IS calling you to be Confirmed.
At Sacred Heart Church, our immediate Confirmation Preparation begins in February and ends with the celebration of the Sacrament in November/October.
In order to qualify to sign-up, a teen must:
- Currently be in 10th grade or older
- Have at least 1(one) year of immediate, prior religious education (School, Life Teen, CCE, etc.)
- Be a Baptized member of the Church.
- Already received their First Eucharist and Reconciliation.
- Live a life of faith with a desire to do God's will.
"For I am not ashamed of the Gospel. For it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes" — Rom 1:16